- RSS Channel Showcase 2961758
- RSS Channel Showcase 3156619
- RSS Channel Showcase 3022085
- RSS Channel Showcase 8166325
Articles on this Page
- 11/12/12--04:45: _Archery Season Succ...
- 11/13/12--12:10: _Montana FWP Region ...
- 11/17/12--21:10: _Where ‘da’ tail fea...
- 10/02/14--08:30: _Shooting Time Now 3...
- 01/24/15--06:54: _Reminder For Mounta...
- 07/20/15--09:47: _June 1 Big Game App...
- 02/03/18--07:00: _Mountain Lion and B...
- 11/12/12--04:45: Archery Season Success for this Montana Hunter
- 11/17/12--21:10: Where ‘da’ tail feathers at? – Montana Pheasant Hunting 2012
- 10/02/14--08:30: Shooting Time Now 30 Minutes Earlier on Flathead Reservation
- 01/24/15--06:54: Reminder For Mountain Lion Hunters
- 07/20/15--09:47: June 1 Big Game Application Results Are Out!
Archery season, in the Bitterroot valley, where this whitetail was taken, began September 1st and ended October 14th. That was just enough time for this area resident to have a successful 2012 archery season. Tony Jones, who works in sales at Industrial Lumber in Hamilton, snagged this massive whitetail with his bow in the river... View Article
Deer and Elk Harvest Steady in Northwest Montana At the six northwest Montana check stations through Sunday, November 11, a total of 11,094 hunters checked 425 white-tailed deer (368 of these were bucks), 64 mule deer, and 58 elk for a 4.9 percent rate of hunters with game. Harvest was up as compared to last... View Article
Long time friend Scott Hickey a Missoula native who now resides in Bozeman (still a Griz) had quite the pheasant victory and we thought it was worth a share. Here is his story: This was an early season bird shot down on the lower madison. It was about 1pm and found him by the river. Scotty... View Article
For the first time in many years you can now shoot a half hour before sunrise on the Flathead Indian Reservation. In previous years shooting time was at sunrise, this is good news for Montana Hunters. This new rule applies to Migratory Waterfowl, Pheasant and Gray Partridge.
Hunters who wish to pursue mountain lions must purchase the license at least 5 days prior to hunting. Within region 2 mountain lion hunting opportunities are likely to be available starting February 1, 2015 with open quotas in much of the region. A General Lion License purchased after August 31 may not be used until... View Article
If you put in for a Big Game application that was due June 1st, see if you were successfull by entering your ALS number below or click here.
Closures are coming for mountain lions (unit 560) and bobcats (Region 5) this weekend (Feb 3 & 4 2018) Here are the details: Hunting District Restrictions, Closures & Reopenings Mountain Lion The hunting of all mountain lions in south-central Montana hunting district 560, which includes portions of Park and Sweet Grass counties, will close at... View Article